The Australian Industrial Ecology Network (AIEN) will host the 6th Australian Industrial Ecology Conference from September 6-8, 2017 at the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley. The theme for the conference, ‘Innovation, materials and resources in a circular economy’, aims to showcase and promote leading industrial ecology projects and to inspire innovation in Australia.
This conference series promotes the practice of industrial ecology in Australia. Each event provides a stimulating forum in which ideas and opportunities can be presented and discussed.
Conference presentations are focused on practical outcomes and solutions for managing business wastes - not just talking about it but actually doing something about it and simultaneously making/saving money.
The Program Committee is now inviting submissions for presentations addressing a number of key topics, outlined below. Other topics may be considered at the committee’s discretion.
• Innovation (including systems, infrastructure and recovery channels)
• Biomass & Organics (including agribusiness)
• Timber Wastes
• Life Cycle Analysis (including energy efficiency)
• Product Stewardship and Drop-Off Centres
• The Circular Economy in Action (including industrial ecology park and collaboration/partnerships)
• Latest in Product Design (including intended post-consumer fate in design)
• Industrial Ecology in Mining
The closing date for submission of abstracts is May 18, 2017. For further details and submission instructions please call AIEN on 1300 446 303 or email [email protected]