The K-Dynamic Impact Idler boasts innovative design and engineering to reduce unplanned maintenance and extend production downtime intervals by extending the life of the belt, rollers and frames.
|K-Dynamic Impact Idler 2|
K-Dynamic Impact Idler is ideally suited for heavy duty applications, particularly within the hard rock, iron ore mining environments and for high capacity conveyors, with no limit on belt speed, belt width, lump size, TPH or drop height.
Kinder’s technical engineers can custom design and manufacture heavy duty frames to suit specific materials handling applications.
The solution consists of a dual five roll configuration (10 rollers per idler). This feature is designed to offer optimal, uniform cross-section of the system, which is suspended above anti-vibration/spring element mounts, providing maximum cushioning and absorption of the conveyed materials impact.
For maintenance purposes, the idler frame system also features an additional jack down/lowering access facility, allowing rollers to be easily and efficiently replaced within the high impact loading points.
- Rubber anti vibration/spring element mount
- Sway bar suspension utilises polyurethane bushes for optimum stability, whilst enabling the idler to move up and down when impacted
- Heavy duty frame can be custom designed to suit specific application
- Standard dual 5 roll idler shown, also available in any trough angle and roller qty/configuration
- Increases conveyor belt life
- Reduces unplanned maintenance and extend production downtime intervals
- Increases conveyor roller and bearing life
- Reduces maintenance and total cost of ownership
Cameron Portelli, Senior Mechanical Engineer, presented his Technical White Paper on ‘Reducing Belt Conveyor Transfer Impact Energy Using a Dynamic Idler’ at the 2019 International Conference on Bulk Materials Storage, Handling and Transportation (ICBMH).
To request a copy of the White Paper, contact Kinder Asia Pacific, +61 3 8587 9111 or email [email protected]