Date: December 23, 2010
Title: Open Bidding for Contract Miner for Tavan Tolgoi Coal Deposit
1. Two-phase open bidding is being announced to select a contract miner/operator that will conduct mining operations on a contract basis in eastern Tsankhi area – Erdenes-TT mine at the Tavan Tolgoi coal deposit.
2. The Tavan Tolgoi coal deposit is Mongolia’s strategically significant and world-class coking coal deposit located in southern part or Gobi region of Mongolia.
3. A corporate entity selected to enter into a contract as a result of the two-phase open bidding shall become a contract miner/operator that will conduct coal mining operations in eastern Tsankhi area – Erdenes-TT mine of Erdenes-Tavan Tolgoi company, subsidiary of Erdenes MGL LLC, at the deposit.
4. The Client seeks to select an experienced, capable, and reputable contract miner/operator that can have a positive impact on the company’s assessment – sale of shares of Erdenes-Tavan Tolgoi company at international and domestic stock exchanges (IPO) and fund raising, conducts operations at international level, and uses leading equipment/machinery and technology and high standards.
5. The bidder shall deliver bid security as reflected in the tender document along with its bid. The bid shall be valid for 150 days after it is opened.
6. The bidder shall purchase the Bidding Document for nonrefundable US$8,000 (eight thousand US dollars) or equivalent amount in Mongolian currency (tugrug). The payment shall be made to the Client’s bank account. Information on the bank account shall be obtained at the contact address. The payment can be made in cash in person or through its authorized representative. A copy of the receipt of the payment made through the bank account shall be delivered to the Client by fax or e-mail.
7. The bidder shall deliver its bids prepared and sealed as per requirements stipulated in the Bidding Document as per corresponding regulations by mail, express mail, or its authorized representative. The Client shall not be responsible for lost mail and any cost incurred in relation to preparation and delivery of the bidder’s bid.
8. Bids shall be delivered to the Client at the address for submission of applications prior to 16.00 pm on January 27, 2011. They shall be opened at 17.00 pm on January 27, 2011. The Client shall reject the bids that have missed the deadline.
9. Mongolia’s corresponding laws, rules, and regulations and Bidding Document shall be applicable to the bidding.
10. The bidding shall be conducted at two phases as set out in the Public and Local Procurement Law and Bidding Document.
11. The Bidder selected to enter into a contract as a result of the bidding shall mine coal and remove overburden and conduct other mine planning and organization-related operations on a contract basis in eastern Tsankhi area – Erdenes-TT mine at the Tavan Tolgoi coal deposit for a specific period of time (agreement shall be reached on the specific period of time under a contract contingent on commencement of mine operations at full capacity).
12. Bidders that have obtained the Bidding Document as per corresponding regulations can obtain information at the contact address.
13. Address for submission of bids and contact:
Erdenes MGL LLC
Prequalification for Company/Consortium to Invest in and Cooperate at the Tavan Tolgoi Coal Deposit
Suite 37, Diplomatic Complex 95, Khoroo/Sub-District 5
Chingeltei District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Tel: +976-7011-0735, +976-7011-0625
Contacts: Ch. Batbaatar (Mobile phone: +976-9907-1318
document.write( addy_text88686 );
document.write( '<\/a>' );
Ts. Tsenguun (Mobile: +976-8820-2933) (
Government working group
State property committee
+61 3 9899 2981
© Mining Media, International All Rights Reserved
Mining Media | Engineering & Mining Journal | Coal Age | Equipo Minero | C&D World | Lobos Services