Woulfe Mining has purchased a 60,000 square metre block of land next to its Sangdong tungsten/molybdenum mine on which it will build a processing plant, and stockpile 30,000 tonnes of ore. This will allow the company to keep 10 days’ worth of mine production close to the mine and improve the layout of the proposed processing plant which can now be submitted for government approval.  1

Woulfe’s president Brian Wesson says the land acquisition will double the area for the plant. “This will improve operations and access, reduce costs and provide increased fine ore storage. The milling and flotation plants will now all be sited next to one another on flat ground.”

The first blast of a production portal took place at the Sangdong project in October, with the development of the access drive set to reach the initial mining area by early December.

Woulfe has also recently awarded a contract for the underground development and extraction of 1.2 million tonnes annually from the Sangdong mine to Youngin Industries Corporation.

The contract encompasses all mine civil works, mine development and production of tungsten/molybdenum ores, to be delivered from underground to the primary crusher. The contract was awarded based on Youngin's extensive experience and expertise in underground mining and civil construction. Youngin provides a significant level of experience and brings with it an extensive modern mine fleet.

Brian Wesson says, “Woulfe is confident in the highly skilled staff at Youngin. Their management has more than 20 years of experience in mining and tunnelling and this expertise will be a valuable contribution to the mine.”

Woulfe is in partnership with IMC to develop the Sangdong mine, which is about 187km southeast of Seoul. Sangdong’s resource estimate is currently at an indicated 16.4 million tonnes @ 0.45% tungsten and 0.04% molybdenum and an inferred 19.4 million tonnes @ 0.44% tungsten and 0.05% molybdenum.

Recent drill results from the footwall zone show intersections of 11.7 metres true width at 0.52% tungsten, 3.7 metres true width at 0.74%. Drilling from underground locations is continuing and the results will be used to progressively update the resource estimate. Woulfe is on schedule to bring the project into production of tungsten metal next year.

www.woulfemining.com

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events