ATMOS Global has launched ATMOS-5D+ - the world’s first integrated 5D global and site specific dust impact forecasting and management platform for mine haul road dust control.

Growing attention to general environmental issues has stimulated the search for new approaches to dust management. In particular, the challenges associated with controlling haul road fugitive dust emissions have led regulatory agencies to examine these emissions in greater detail.

ATMOS Global’s chief executive officer Dr Orestis Valianatos says the product is a major breakthrough in environmental dust control and management in mining. “Responding to the scientific consensus that mine haul road dust emissions are considered to have a major contribution to the overall dust emissions from surface mining sites, ATMOS-5D+ sows seeds of change as a revolutionary concept that facilitates the enhanced understanding and control of these emissions.”

The ATMOS-5D+ is the new dedicated version for mine haul road dust control of the company’s innovative dust management method. ATMOS Global’s products are in use at an Australian mine which was nominated as a finalist for one of the most prestigious awards for environmental excellence in the country.

The ATMOS-5D is a complex multi-component system that combines meteorological and air quality forecasting concepts into mathematical and physical sciences proficiency to deliver more than 25,000 highly specialized dust impact forecasts every year. It transforms the way mining companies deal with dust emissions associated with mine haul roads and helps them adapt to the global future of the regulatory environment in which they operate.

“The ATMOS-5D+ sets guidelines for appropriate course of fact-based dust management action leading to safer working conditions, reduced environmental consequences and higher productivity by offering mine operators an opportunity to anticipate, identify and decide before adverse dust impacts are predicted to happen, what the response to these will be,” says Dr Orestis Valianatos.

ATMOS Global is an Australian-owned company leading the world in strategic consulting specializing in the provision of innovative atmospheric, air quality modelling and forecasting and climate change services.

www.atmosglobal.com

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events