Two new executives have been appointed at the helm of junior exploration and mining company Southeast Asia Mining. Brian Jennings will replace Kerry Smith as the Thailand-based company’s president and chief executive officer, while Johnny Oliveira will take over from Colin Grant as chief financial officer.

After starting a career as an exploration geologist, Brian Jennings now has more than 20 years of experience in multiple industries and positions. He is a chartered accountant as well as holding a Bachelor of Science degree in geology and has extensive experience as a chief financial officer or board member of several public resource, internet and manufacturing companies.

Brian Jennings says he’s excited by the new appointment. “Southeast Asia’s project in Thailand consists of a previous operating base metal mine with near-term operational potential. The company also has exploration prospects in the immediate area of the historical mines which provide the opportunity to expand the ore body. It is very exciting to get involved in a project at this advanced stage and I look forward to working with our joint venture partners in Thailand as we progress through the mine permitting process.”

Johnny Oliveira is a chartered accountant and also holds an Honours Bachelor degree in Business Administration. He has practiced professionally as a senior audit manager and currently serves as controller and/or chief financial officer for a number of junior mining and exploration companies listed on the CNSX, TSXV and TSX.

“On behalf of the board of directors, I would like to welcome Brian and Johnny to the company. The skill set that Brian brings from his prior work experience will be extremely helpful in advancing our project in Thailand through the mine permitting process. Brian also brings experience working in South East Asia which will be extremely helpful as we move forward,” says Kerry Smith.

www.seasiamining.com

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events