Silvercorp Metals has completed an underground diamond drilling and tunnelling program at its TLP mine in the Ying mining district of Henan province.

Highlights of the drilling include 1.91 metres @ 1669 grams/tonne silver, 0.82% lead and 0.29% zinc including 1.11 metres @ 115 grams/tonne silver, 0.46% lead and 0.03% zinc. Another hole intersected 1.54 metres @ 1016 grams/tonne silver, 5.48% lead and 0.8% zinc while another hole intersected four veins including 1.07 metres @ 669 grams/tonne silver, 0.97% lead and 0.12% zinc.

The purpose of the 11,916 metre underground tunnelling program was to further delineate and upgrade the previous drill-defined resource blocks within 11 major vein structures between the 510 metre and the 990 metre elevations. The underground diamond drilling program was designed to test the downdip and strike extension of the major mineralized vein structures and to explore for new vein structures. A total of 23,709 metres in 73 holes was completed and 3336 core samples collected.

As of March 10 assay results for 51 holes had been received with 44 of these holes intersecting single or multiple mineralized zones. Seven new mineralized vein structures, were also discovered as a result of the underground tunnelling and diamond drilling program.

This year, Silvercorp has planned an exploration and resource development program at the TLP mine consisting of 9790 metres of underground tunnelling and 14,500 metres of underground drilling.

Silvercorp’s chief executive officer Rui Feng says the goals of the program are to complete infill drilling of previously defined resource blocks at shallower depths and also explore along strike and up dip of the extensions of major producing veins. “Where possible, the program will take advantage of existing underground mine development to access new discoveries and will drive new tunnels as required to provide drill stations in prospective areas beyond the reach of existing mine workings.”

www.silvercorp.ca

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events