TVI Pacific announced that development works have continued uninterrupted at the Balabag gold and silver project in Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines, despite the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The project is owned 100% by TVI Resource Development Phils. (TVIRD), a Philippines corporation in which TVI holds a 30.66% interest.
Balabag is situated approximately 75 kilometers (47 miles) east-northeast of TVIRD's Canatuan mine.
“Progress has continued at Balabag and we note the commitment of staff and contractors at site,” said Cliff James, chairman and CEO of TVI and chairman of TVIRD. “It is exciting to see the project take shape with testing of some equipment already being performed in the crushing circuit. Testing will continue as we move through the remaining stages of development and continue to optimize also the various technical processes.”
Significant Balabag project developments include:
- Ongoing construction of the processing plant, including completion of the crushing area and testing of the crushing circuit for four hours with ore feed, as well as completion of the process water tank fabrication and ongoing pipe works from the head tank to grinding area.
- Installation of cable trays to the grinding circuit following the previously reported completion of load testing and synchronization of five genset units.
- Continued stripping and removal of waste materials and the placement, spreading and compaction of numerous layers for the tailings storage facility, affected in part by above average rainfall.
- Continued mine development and pre-production stripping.
- Ongoing construction of permanent accommodations as well as the administration building, warehouse, met lab and assay laboratory. Works also include construction of the reagent storage facility and the gold room where concrete walls and the eluant tank are being installed.