Drilling by Axiom Mining at the Isabel Nickel Project has confirmed that higher grade saprolite zones exist at greater depths. Drilling is ongoing to confirm historical data before moving on to resource definition drilling.
Isabel is one of the largest nickel laterite deposits in the Pacific with historic non-JORC resources estimated at 159 million tonnes @ 1.045% nickel and 0.07% cobalt.

To date, 27 core holes have been completed under the program to confirm the historical data compiled by the International Nickel Company Limited (INCO) and Kaiser Engineers International and test the potential for high grade nickel in saprolite beneath the limonite mineralization.

The latest results include 18.25 metres from 4.75 metres @ 1.63% nickel, including 13.75 metres from 9.25 metres @ 1.83% nickel; 16.5 metres from surface @ 1.49% nickel, including 10 metres from 6.5 metres @ 1.85% nickel; 16 metres from 0.5 metres @ 1.66% nickel, including 11.4 metres from 5.1 metres @ 1.92% nickel; and 12.6 metres from 1 metre @ 1.73% nickel, including 4.6 metres from 9 metres @ 2.24% nickel. Axiom’s CEO Ryan Mount says, “Drilling has intersected high-grade transition and saprolite ore beneath some of INCO’s bulk test sites - confirming our geological model that higher grade saprolite zones exist at greater depth. We will complete our orientation drilling over the next two months, and then progress to resource definition drilling, initially targeting four to seven million tonnes.”

The Isabel Nickel Project has undertaken significant progress since drilling commenced in November 2014.

Axiom has made progress in areas of project infrastructure and logistics, approvals and permitting, safety and environmental management, and community and stakeholder engagement.

The project is owned by Axiom KB (Axiom 80%), where KB stands for Kolosori and Bungusule being the two original customary landowning tribes, who collectively own the remaining 20%.

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events